The girl in your life is pregnant – are you unsure what to do?
The three little words that you might not be expecting in your relationship have recently come up, “I am pregnant.” If you just heard these words and are asking yourself any of the following questions, you are at the right place. We are here for you and the girl in your life. We want to help you during this uncertain time:
- Girlfriend is pregnant, now what?
- Girlfriend told me she is expecting, do I have a say in the decision?
- Girlfriend is having my baby, what can I do?
- Girlfriend says she is pregnant, how can I help her?
- Girlfriend is pregnant, who can help her?
- Girlfriend is pregnant, what are her options? Can I have a say?
If the girl in your life is pregnant, you are likely trying to figure out what you can do and how you might be able to help her. Before deciding to do anything, it’s important to take a step back and breathe. We know that this moment is confusing, and you have millions of questions running through your mind. It’s going to be okay. Always know, we are here to help.
A couple of things that you can do right now are:
- Be there for her. She is just as scared and confused as you. We know you want to help. Sometimes just being there for her is what she needs.
- Listen if she wants to talk. There is a chance she just wants to express her thoughts and talk through her emotions. She will lean on you, especially as you two are in this together. Please know if you feel too close to the situation and are stressed or anxious, even triggered by too much conversation, we are here to listen and talk with her or the two of you. You don’t have to go through this alone.
- Offer to go to her appointment with her. Just as we said above, we are here for you. We would encourage the woman in your life to schedule an appointment with us. You are more than welcome to come to her appointment as well.
- Take time to explore all your options. This is something we can help with too. If you are looking for options and trying to understand what you can do, we have trained professionals that are here to help.
- Don’t rush or pressure her into making any decisions. This is the most important to remember. You have time, so take the time to understand exactly what you are up against, your options, and what will work best for you and your girlfriend’s lifestyle.
Care Net has resources to help you and your exact situation. We know that what you are going through is unique to you and your relationship, and our resources are here to guide you both in the direction that is best for you.